Academic Advising is divided by programs:
|Betrice Brangman (Room A3058)|
|Computer Programming and Analysis (CPA)|
|Computer Programmer (CPD)|
|Carol Ann David(Room A3058)|
|Honours Bachelor of Commerce – Business Technology Management (BTM)|
|Honours Bachelor of Technology- Software Development (BSD)|
|Database Application Developer (DAD)|
|Bachelor of Data Science and Analytics (DSA)|
1. I would like to request a meeting with my Student Adviser, how do I do that?
Your Student Adviser is usually available without an appointment Monday to Friday. However, during the peak periods your Student Adviser is available as follows:
|Carol Ann David||9:00AM - 5:00PM|
|Betrice Brangman||9:00AM - 5:00PM|
2. I'm a new student and the upcoming term be my first term.
We recommend all new students to review the NEW STUDENT GUIDE
3. I need to add a first semester course to my timetable
For English and Liberal studies courses such as COM101and APC100 (co-requisites), EAC397 – please email your English Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
(CPD/CPA) To add a first semester course, IPC144, CPR101 or ULI101 please send an email to your Student Adviser email@example.com.
4. I need to add a General Elective Course, how do I do that?
To add a General Elective course use the Student Centre ADD/DROP options. If you still need assistance, please email your English Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
5. I'm a current student and I need to add a second semester or upper level class to my schedule but all sections are currently closed.
If you are current student looking to add a second or third level course and all sections are closed, please add the WAITLIST course to your timetable. To add the WAITLIST course, please go to your Student Centre account and use the ADD course feature. This will help ensure you can get into a section of that course. You will receive notifications via email once a seat in that course is available for you. You will then be able to log in to your Student Centre, DROP the WAITLIST course and ADD the available course.
Starting in fourth semester, you will be required to select Professional Option courses to your timetable.
6. I would like to add a Professional Option course to my schedule, but all sections are closed.
Contact your designated Student Adviser and provide them with the following information:
- Program Name:
- Student Number:
- Is this your last semester:
- How many Professional courses do you need to add this term:
- List courses in order of preference:
The waitlist will be processed on a first come first serve basis. Please note, professional options are subject to availability.
7. I'm an International Student who can I speak to if I have questions about my study visa?
If you have questions about your student visa, please speak with the International Student Services Office.
Seneca International at Newnham Campus, D2000 | 416.491.5050 ext. 22608
8. I'm a current student and would like to transfer from my current program to another program in the School of ICT.
We recommend you discuss this with your Student Adviser before starting the process.
Transfer Credits are granted for courses taken at another accredited postsecondary institutions which are deemed as equivalent to a course at Seneca. This is a free service available to current full- and part-time students and former students who may require a credit in order to meet graduation requirements. For more information visit this link