CYT - Cybersecurity and Threat Management
As digital innovation continues to rapidly advance, it is becoming increasingly difficult for organizations to keep up with the changing nature of cybersecurity threats.
With a shortage of cybersecurity professionals across Canada, this program was designed and developed with leading financial services organizations to meet the need for individuals with the specialized skills to secure, protect and defend mobile and network infrastructures, preventing fraud, data breaches and other vulnerabilities.
As a graduate of this eight-month Cybersecurity and Threat Management program, you will be equipped with cutting-edge best practices and skills in communication, information security, project management, problem-solving and more. The industry capstone project and optional work term will give you hands-on experience and position you for a career in one of the world’s fastest-growing fields.
Throughout this program you will develop the following skills:
- Business communication
- Project management
- Design thinking
- Communication skills
Optional Work Term
Students meeting all academic requirements may have the opportunity to complete an optional work term(s) in a formal work environment. The work term(s) is similar in length to an academic semester and typically involves full-time work hours that may be paid or unpaid. In programs with limited work term opportunities, additional academic requirements and a passing grade on a communication assessment may be required for eligibility. Eligibility for participation does not guarantee a work position will be secured. Additional fees are required for those participating in the optional work term stream regardless of success in securing a work position.
|Year 1||Semester 1||Semester 2||Work Term|
When you graduate from this program, these are the types of career options that you can explore:
- Information security analyst
- Threat analyst
- Cybersecurity analyst
- Ethical hacker
- IT systems and network administrator
Program Learning Outcomes
As a graduate, you will be prepared to reliably demonstrate the ability to:
- Design and formulate information security solutions for business processes and underlying technologies to protect the organization from internal and external threats.
- Create and document processes required for the maintenance and deployment of information controls solutions.
- Apply design thinking to ensure information security solutions are adopted and used within an organization.
- Devise and implement information security solutions in compliance with security policies, standards, and regulations.
- Apply project management practices in multidisciplinary teams across an organization to respond to the enterprise’s information security requirements.
- Evaluate the reliability of information security controls through security audits to identify and address risks.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of internal cybersecurity training to increase awareness and compliance with security policies.
- Apply presentation and report-writing skills to ensure understanding of information security protocols, policies and audit results.
- Communicate professionally and collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders in support of business decision-making.
- Analyze vulnerability using threat intelligence tools to identify and recommend potential solutions to security issues.
|Domestic Admissions Advisor:||Seneca College Domestic Admissions
Telephone: (416) 493-4144 Ext. N/A
|International Admissions Advisor:||Seneca College International Admissions
Telephone: (416) 493-4144 Ext. N/A
|Registration & Records Advisors:|
|Registration & Records Advisors:||TBD
|Student Advisor:||Carol Ann David
Telephone: (416) 491-5050 Ext. 22174
|Program Coordinator:||Eden Burton
Telephone: (416) 491-5050 Ext. 26229
|Program Chair:||Suzanne Abraham
Telephone: (416)491-5050 ext. 26465